al28894: Moonfish by Shaun Tan (Default)
al28894 | al-numbers

Custom Text (About Me)

Former blogger who initially joined for fandom. Left for over a decade, but now wandering back due to the state of everything in the wide outdoors (aka. the internet)

A member of the Renegade Bookbinding Guild, a not-for-profit guild of artists who handbind fannish works for personal enjoyment. They are on Dreamwidth!

Check out my bookbinding blog for my archive.

Theme: 'Tiles' by [community profile] myrtillenne
al28894: Moonfish by Shaun Tan (Default)
[personal profile] al28894

20261010_190716 20261011_103409

Years ago, I brought a decorative clay vase because I was out on holiday and thought I needed to buy something to show I actually holidayed. But it has sat in an unseen part of my room for years afterwards because I have no idea what to do about it.

Several weeks ago, I obtained a pothos cutting out of a larger plant and wanted to grow it well. I placed the cut end in a small jar of water and seen it growing roots over the past three weeks.

Over the weekend, I had a sudden thought: what if I can repot the pothos into the clay vase?

Thanks to an empty water bottle, a thumbtack and scissors, a dead plant pot in the garden for soil, and a morning of work, the pothos is now officially repotted! Using the water bottle ensures that I can remove the plant if I need to change the soil or move it to larger container.

(I'm angling it away from the window because there is such a thing as being too bright, especially for a plant that's previously housed in water.)

Having the entire piece now prominent in the room, it does make for an eye-catcher. Grow, pothos! Grow!