al28894: Moonfish by Shaun Tan (Default)
al28894 | al-numbers

Custom Text (About Me)

Former blogger who initially joined for fandom. Left for over a decade, but now wandering back due to the state of everything in the wide outdoors (aka. the internet)

A member of the Renegade Bookbinding Guild, a not-for-profit guild of artists who handbind fannish works for personal enjoyment. They are on Dreamwidth!

Check out my bookbinding blog for my archive.

Theme: 'Tiles' by [community profile] myrtillenne
al28894: Grace Ryland holding Rocky in his ball (Grace and Rocky)
[personal profile] al28894

Marginalia Search is a DIY search engine that focuses on non-commercial content, and it has garnered a niche userbase, mostly among the indie web types. As a fan of the indie web*, I keep the site link around just in case I get struck by curiosity.

Well, that finally came about several nights ago when, on a momentary lull, I asked myself "Is the Renegade Bookbinding Guild searchable on there?"

Turns out, the site isn't indexed there. But there are references to Renegade and their bookbinding ethos on other search results - mainly from blogs and pages belonging to fellow bookbinders. The search results also pulled up the Renegade Tumblr, amusingly.

So my thinking continued. Should I ask the webmaster to add Renegade to the search results?

After some input from fellow guild members, I have officially sent an email to Marginalia to add our guild! I wonder how long will it take for Renegade to pop-up in the search results...

 

(*with massive reservations)